The CDC (Center of Disease Control) and American Optometry Association has recommended that all routine eye care and dental care be deferred until further notice, in order to help slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community.
Please be assured that we are still available to triage all truly urgent and emergent issues during this challenging time. What does this mean?
- If you are scheduled for an annual eye examination we will tentatively reschedule you starting April 20th.
- If you need to replace glasses or contact lenses and need an extension on your prescription, please contact us and we will assist you in obtaining some until you can come in for a visit. We will be able to direct ship your items to you and we will have a curbside pick up available.
- If you are running out of a medication please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
- If you have an issue which cannot wait for an office visit, contact us and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skype or Telephone appointment with one of our doctors. Medicare has temporarily relaxed its telehealth rules to allow this type of communication during the pandemic crisis. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
- If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call the office and the Doctors will try their best to meet you in the office whenever possible.
- During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress.
We have asked our staff to stay home until further notice to protect them, our patients, our city, our nation, and our planet. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Together we will weather this storm.
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health we remain at your service,
- Vision Source Family Eyecare